Except where stated, the information on this website is the copyright of the NZ Transport Agency.
The material protected by NZ Transport Agency copyright may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge.
Requests and enquiries concerning the reproduction of information on this website for any purpose other than personal or inhouse use should be directed to the Information Manager, NZ Transport Agency, Private Bag 6995, Wellington 6141, New Zealand, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The permission to reproduce material protected by NZ Transport Agency copyright does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
- The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of that information. However, the NZ Transport Agency:
- may change, delete, add to or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. (The NZ Transport Agency neither endorses the information, content, presentation or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites).
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice and, before acting on any information, you should take specific advice from qualified professional people.
- Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service, whether by trade name, trademark, manufacture or otherwise, does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the NZ Transport Agency.
- This site may also contain the advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The NZ Transport Agency does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any user of this site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement or other information, shall be at the user's own risk.
- The NZ Transport Agency does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken as a result of reading, or reliance placed on the NZ Transport Agency because of having read, any part, or all, of the information in this website or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in this site.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of the page or website.
You may browse and access the vast majority of information contained in this website without providing any personal information.
We have software to track which pages are visited, to help us identify the most popular areas of our website. The information is aggregated and we can't identify individual visitors.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (for example, through email feedback or by completing a form), we’ll use that information only for the purpose for which it was given.
The NZ Transport Agency holds a variety of information. When dealing with information, the NZ Transport Agency complies with the relevant information legislation, such as the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 1993. Where the information is part of a public register, there are specific laws that require the NZ Transport Agency to grant access to certain parts of that information.
You have the right to request access to and correction of that information.
Note: change of address information is used to update registers that legislation says must be publicly available. Submissions are publicly available too.
If you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please write to:
NZ Transport Agency
Private Bag 6995
or send an email to email@example.com.
To assist the NZ Transport Agency with keeping the national driver licence register up-to-date, the Registrar-General of Births, Deaths and Marriages may notify us when a driver is deceased. For more information, see our deceased drivers and the driver licence register page.
Access keys on this website
Access keys help people navigate websites using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Most pages on the NZ Transport Agency website use the access keys recommended for New Zealand government websites.
The exact procedure for activating access keys depends on your operating system and browser.
In most browsers, hold down the Alt key or Apple key while typing the access key, then press Enter. For Opera, use Shift+Esc followed by the access key; in Firefox, use Alt+Shift plus the access key.
|Access key||Takes you to...|
|0||List of access keys|
|[||Beginning of main page content|
|/||The newzealand.govt.nz portal|
This site uses a ‘skip to main content’ link which allows screenreader users to skip past navigation links to the main content for the page. You can also do this by using the access key ‘[’.
Some documents published on this site are in PDF format.
To view and print these documents you’ll need to obtain and install a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. To get the free Adobe Reader go to the Adobe website, then follow the instructions to download the version applicable to you.
The free Adobe Reader enables you to view, navigate, and browse PDF files, either inside a web browser or in a stand-alone application.